Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Recent Brunch with John & Dorothy Gettier



A few postings ago, I mentioned that Catherine and I had been back at Trinity for a friend's wedding. The following day, we had Sunday brunch with my college mentor and teacher of Old Testament, Dr. John Gettier and his wife Dorothy. It was a wonderful occasion, at Apricots in Farmington, overlooking the Farmington River. I began studying Hebrew with John as a fresh-person at Trinity, and was soon taking more and more biblical-studies courses with him and the other Religion Department faculty. In those days, the department was modeled after a traditional theological seminary curriculum, without the practical ministry courses (John confirmed this to me at our brunch). What a great preparation for my future...

1 Comments:

Blogger bonhoeffe said...

Glad to hear of your brunch with our former prof. We hope you two are well. From your Hebrew classmate, serving Catherine's former CE site. - Peter Smith

Sun Mar 04, 07:42:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home