Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Letter from Lansing Hicks

Catherine and I just received a lovely note from one of my favorite YDS Old Testament professors, R. Lansing Hicks. I imagine he's been retired from Yale/Berkeley for at least 15 years. He has developed Parkinson's disease now, but still took the trouble to write to us!

Lansing reminded me of our mutual connections with both Union Seminary in New York and with VTS here in Alexandria. He earned his Th.D. from UTS in 1954 and he served on the VTS faculty from 1953-1954 and again during a sabbatical in 1986. VTS awarded him the D.D. in 1990.

I found this photo of the two of us together back at my YDS graduation in 1987. That's 19 years ago!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to report that Lansing Hicks died January 14, 2008 after a long battle with Parkinson's disease.
Posted by Dr. Hicks' son-in-law, Henry Rosenberg

Tue Jan 15, 05:43:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home