Sunday, August 13, 2006
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- Servant Songs of Second Isaiah (2 of 3)
- Student Project: The Suffering Servant (1 of 3)
- Update: Sudan Biblical Language Program
- On the Way to Nineveh: Studies in Honor of George ...
- The Hebrew Bible at VTS (4)
- Working on MAR-SBL WebSpace
- Renk College, Sudan Our program teaching Hebrew ...
- Update: Biblical Language Program in Renk, Sudan
- A Good Testimonial
- Newsweek: Rabbi Marc Gellman on Mel Gibson
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.