Friday, November 10, 2006
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- Neat Link: Commentary Recommendations
- Struggling Over the Imago Dei, Part 2
- Update on VTS Sudan Hebrew Program
- Psalms of Lament (or should we call them "petition...
- Online Critical Pseudepigrapha
- Struggling Over the Imago Dei (Part I)
- Teaching Gunkel and the Psalms
- Is the Act of Voting Intellectually Defensible?
- Update: OT Professor Reuel Keith
- Gerson on Religion and Politics
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.