Monday, February 12, 2007
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- Participant Index for MAR-SBL Conference
- Fairbanks Alaska Ice Festival
- Speaking of Flamingos...
- Jeremiah 17, continued (6 Epiphany, Year C)
- Neat Link: Holy Land Maps and Sites
- The Seminary Love Affair With Flamingos
- Complete MAR-SBL Program Now On-Line
- 6 Epiphany, Year C: Jeremiah 17:5-10
- The Archaeology of Worship
- A Report on Sudan, This Friday, by Lauren Stanley
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.