AABS Student Paper Competition!
The Anglican Association of Biblical Scholars
2007 Student Paper Competition
The Anglican of Association Biblical Scholars announces its second annual student paper competition. A prize of $250 and two years of free membership in the AABS will be awarded for the best paper in biblical exegesis written by a student attending a seminary of the ECUSA.
Deadline for submissions is May 15, 2007
• The paper shall be an exegetical study of a biblical text, theme, or concept or of a collection of texts relating to a question arising within the life of the church.
• Papers shall be submitted in both electronic and printed format. The electronic version shall be either a Microsoft Word or an Adobe PDF file.
• Papers shall be between 2,500–5,000 words in length, including annotations.
• Annotations and a list of works cited shall be formatted according to standards set by the Society of Biblical Literature manual of style.
• The paper shall be submitted in both printed and electronic form. The author's name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, and seminary affiliation shall appear typed on a cover sheet separate from the printed manuscript, and as the first page of the electronic file. The author's name should not appear on the printed
manuscript or be inserted as a running header in the electronic file.
• All submissions shall be made to the designated AABS seminary representative listed at the bottom of the page. This representative will select one paper from among the entries at each institution to submit to the final level of the competition.
• The award will be announced on June 15, 2007. The winning paper will be submitted
for possible publication in Sewanee Theological Review.
Questions or comments about the competition may be directed to the AABS project
Dr. Brian Jones
100 Wartburg Blvd.
Waverly, Iowa 50677
VTS students may submit papers to me, Stephen L. Cook, placing them in my VTS box. Please email or call with any questions, or you can ask them by making a comment to this post.