Sunday, December 16, 2007
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- New Bible Brief: Daniel by Stephen Cook
- Now in Print: My Review of Sweeny on Prophetic and...
- On US Seminaries and the Biblical Languages
- An Exegesis of Desire
- Two New Bible Briefs
- Bible Briefs
- Religion Compass, Vol. 1, Issue 6
- Encore Post: Without Hanukkah, No Christianity!
- Several of My Recent Students Offer An Advent 2007...
- Grimmy Cartoon Sent In By Chuck H.
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.