Sunday, December 28, 2008
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Prof. Cook's Current Hot Books:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- Once Again: Afterlife Expectations in Ancient Isra...
- Twelve Days of Christmas (Humor)
- Christmas Eve 2008
- Neat Link: Advent Sermon by Frank Logue
- My Review of A Community Called Atonement, by Scot...
- My Daughter Meets Saint Nicholas, Bishop of Myra
- Neat Audio Program on Abraham Joshua Heschel
- "God-Cast": Joseph and His Dream-Coat, Performed b...
- The Many Creches at Virginia Seminary this Advent
- Rebecca and Her Friends Caroling at My Office
Support this Site by Visiting my A-Store!
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.