Saturday, December 17, 2011
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- The Planned New VTS Chapel
- My Homily Today on Isaiah 41:13-20
- VTS Football Victory Over General Seminary
- “Testaments” in the Bible?
- 3D Panorama of Union Square, San Francisco
- Union Square, San Francisco
- SBL Panel Review of Schipper
- Common English Bible at SBL
- Panel Review of Leong Seow, Job Commentary
- View from my Room at SBL
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.