Thursday, February 02, 2012
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- The London Roman Brothel Token
- BibleReader for Windows 7
- 3D Panoramas of the Two Monuments
- Sacrifice and Public Life
- MAR-SBL Registration Now Live
- New NET Bible Study Environment
- January-Term Seminar: Religious Sacrifice
- My Homily Today on Isa 61:1-3
- Art Project for Epiphany 1
- Three Kings Day 2012
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.