Monday, May 14, 2012
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- The Clay Model from Khirbet Qeiyafa
- The Triglyph in the Temple
- My Students Chant Psalm 95
- Miriam at the Red Sea, by Chrissie Crosby
- Day of Prayer 2012
- Habakkuk, Free On-Line
- Major Episcopal Hymnals now in iBooks
- Judgment Upon Gog, Ezekiel 38-39
- Lazarus and the Rich Man
- By the Oaks of Mamre (Genesis 18:1-2)
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.