Tuesday, October 20, 2015
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- Now Online: My Bible Odyssey Article on Resurrecti...
- Now in Print: Oxford Encyclopedia of the Bible and...
- Now on Kindle: Reading Deuteronomy!
- Yumaste : Reading Deuteronomy
- Seder Music Video
- Tuesday Lenten Meditation, Jeremiah 25:15
- A New FaceBook Page for the New Book
- Jeremiah 4:9-10, Lent 2015, March 5
- New Trailer from My Book: Reading Deuteronomy
- Reading Deuteronomy: The Book Launch Continues…
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.