Thursday, June 10, 2010

English Grammar to Ace Biblical Hebrew



Zondervan mailed me a free copy of the little book, English Grammar to Ace Biblical Hebrew by Miles Van Pelt. I am thinking of either requiring or recommending it the next time that I teach Beginning Biblical Hebrew. I do find that many of my seminary students struggle with grammatical concepts because of a lack of traditional education in English grammar. This resource should help with that, since it provides quick, user-friendly orientation to such things as conjunctions, prepositions, types of adjectives (attributive, predicative, substantive), mood, tense, and aspect, and so on.

2 Comments:

Anonymous sarah shectman said...

That looks really interesting--how do I get them to send me a free copy, too?!

I've often felt that my understanding of English grammar is based on the principles of Semitic linguistics. Since the only formal English grammar training I ever had involved attempting to diagram sentences in the 7th grade, learning other languages has been my primary means of understanding English grammar. I'll be curious to know if this book works well for your class.

Wed Jun 16, 01:57:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger S and C said...

It looks to be available at amazon.ca Here is a link: http://www.amazon.ca/English-Grammar-Ace-Biblical-Hebrew/dp/0310318319/

Thu Sep 02, 09:17:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home