Monday, July 17, 2006
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- Update: Renk Hebrew Program
- Latest Updates: Sudan Hebrew Program
- The Tunnel to Moriah
- July 13th Update: Renk Hebrew Program
- Letter from Lansing Hicks
- Recent Brunch with John & Dorothy Gettier
- July 10th Update: Sudan Hebrew Program
- Prof. Doran's Bible Books Song
- July 8th Update: Renk Hebrew Program
- Student Artwork from OT 33
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.