Sunday, December 24, 2006
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- Told You So! (Christmas Humor)
- Reminder Re: Preaching Micah 5 Tomorrow
- Karaite Book of Exodus (Sackler Exhibit, Post 4)
- Simply Beautiful Meditation, "O Gracious Light"
- Humor: Surviving Relatives over Christmas Weekend!...
- "Good Tidings" (Christmas Humor)
- The Messiah from Bethlehem, continued
- "Schism" and Its Results
- OT News from My Seminary Alma Mater
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.