Don't miss Biblical Studies Carnival XVII, now up and available on Dr. Chris Heard's blog, Higgaion (click here). Chris has done a great job summarizing posts related to academic biblical studies in the month of April 2007. Thanks for your mentions of this blog, Chris!
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- Dean Michael Battle Leaving Virginia Theological S...
- Postal Service Prevents Shipping Biblical Books to...
- Hosea 11:4, "I lead them with Cords of Human Kindn...
- The Tiphil Stem of רגל (Hosea 11:3)
- Zephaniah 3:12-20
- The Current VTS Merrow Fellow
- AABS Student Paper Competition!
- Job (humor)
- Accessible Interpretation of the Psalms
- Shall They Return to Egypt?? (Hosea 11:5)
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.