Thursday, March 13, 2008
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- My Sermon Today on Ezekiel 37
- Please Nominate Postings: Biblical Studies Carniva...
- The Samaritans' Pronunciation of Genesis 1:1
- My New Publication
- Grading (humor)
- Register Now!
- 2008 Ancient Near Eastern Valentine Contest Winner...
- MAR-SBL 2008 Update: Conference Schedule with Time...
- Reader's Hebrew Bible (RHB)
- The Torah: A Women's Commentary
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.