Monday, September 29, 2008
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- Ed Hall Retires as Vice President for Institutiona...
- Dr. Avraham Biran, 23 October 1909 – 16 September ...
- Millennium Development Goals Blogging Day
- Electronic Leningrad Codex Free On-Line
- Jonah Humor
- 2 Isaiah Volume Now Available
- One-Day Event: The Bible and Politics
- Free Online Yale Course: Introduction to the Old T...
- Joseph's Dream Coat (Genesis 37:3)
- The Angel of the Akedah at Chartres Cathedral
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.