Friday, October 30, 2009
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- In Transit to New Haven
- Trick-or-Treating Day at the Seminary
- The Episcopal Church: Who Are We?
- Invitation to a Festschrift Honoring Professor Rob...
- My Sessions at the 2009 SBL Conference
- 2009 SBL Annual Meeting, New Orleans, November 21-...
- George H. W. Bush and Virginia Seminary
- VTS Football Team Victorious Saturday!
- 2009 Zabriskie Lectures: Part 1
- Big Tree Down
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.