Monday, June 04, 2012
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- Do Academics Matter?
- "I am going to get a PhD in the humanities"
- Common English Bible (CEB)
- A Discouraging Trend (Hebrew Enrollments)
- VTS Graduates, Commencement 2012
- Jude Harmon's “Days of Creation”
- The Exodus, Spectacular Shadow Performance
- Exodus Rhapsody Video
- The Clay Model from Khirbet Qeiyafa
- The Triglyph in the Temple
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.