Friday, December 01, 2006
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Prof. Cook's Current Hot Books:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- The Sackler: "Bibles Before the Year 1000" (post 1...
- Bible Carnival XII (Don't Miss It!)
- Breach of Peace: Hundreds Killed in Southern Sudan...
- U2, The Wanderer (Theological Reflections)
- God's Love of Sleep
- My First Book is Back on Amazon!
- Are Any Children's Bibles Any Good?
- Thank You for the Referral!
- Does God Suffer???
- New Blog Carnival Coming Soon on Dr. Jim West's Bl...
Support this Site by Visiting my A-Store!
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.