Wednesday, February 10, 2010
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- Historic Snowstorm!
- New Bible Briefs: Proverbs and Jonah
- Cook and Robert Wilson, Isaiah Videos Now Online
- "Nothing is more dangerous than to become tired of...
- Winter 2010 VTS Faculty Retreat
- Update 3 from Renk, Sudan
- Video: Where is God in the Haitian Earthquake?
- Update 2: Renk, Sudan
- Update on Our Duke/VTS Visiting Teachers Program, ...
- Our Students from Haiti
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.